Home UserCP Memberlist Register Calendar FAQ
Home

Go Back   BDWF Forum Index Page > Timepiece Community > Invicta Watches

Old 04-29-2009, 05:40 AM
BDWF Watch Enthusiast

Default What exactly is Tritnite???

I used the "search" option and only found numerous references to "tritnite", but no defining description of what it is supposed to be (other than the obvious fact that it is a luminous compound used exclusively in Invicta watches).

I have several Invictas in my collection, and they all supposedly have "Tritnite" but the performance of this substance is largely inconsistent. My best performer is my black and steel tone Grand Diver; I can say that it illuminates as long and as bright as my gen Omega Seamaster - and that's saying a lot. Then, I have a Russian Diver - which I swore would light up like a torch from the looks of it - and it lasts about five minutes. And these are just two examples.

Sorry if I am bringing this up for the one-millionth time; I just didn't find the information elsewhere. Thanks in advance.
(that's not me, I'm quoting the guy)
Old 04-29-2009, 02:47 PM
BDWF Watch Addict

Default Re: What exactly is Tritnite???

This is taken directly from Invicta's website...

"Tritnite is a luminous material developed by Invicta in Switzerland. It is a high quality product that allows hands and markers covered with it to glow for and extended period of time. When exposed to regular daylight, it will glow for about 20 hours."

I copied it exactly from their site and therefore left their spelling error intact. I'm not sure if that answers your question but the info comes straight from the source.

The Animal Rescue Site - Please click daily to help sheltered animals at no cost to you
Click here to help
Old 04-29-2009, 02:56 PM
BDWF Watch Addict

its like flame fusion, invicta s own patented term.
Old 04-29-2009, 03:11 PM
BDWF Admin Team

Actually I have it on good authority that Merlin from King Authors Court developed it. The formula was lost during the dark ages. While on holiday a person who will remain nameless but known as "E" found it in a cave in the Scottish highlands. Mr "E" spent many decades translating the formula to modern English and Mathematics and when finished released this ancient miracle of luminescence to the world with the name Tritnite.

or maybe not

Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war
Old 04-29-2009, 03:21 PM
BDWF Owner

It is apparently a variant of superluminova paint used throughout the industry - and like other Invicta features varies in quantity. consistancy quality from assembler to assembler and even between model runs ...

In general - it glows brightly after being charged but quickly looses its lume ... as a diver - I shy away from using Invicta watches using tritnite as the lume doesn't last as long as the air in my tank ... I'm old school - even though I use a dive computer - the watch is a 'go to' timer out of years of use ... and habit
Old 04-29-2009, 05:03 PM
BDWF Sr. Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fresno
Actually I have it on good authority that Merlin from King Authors Court developed it. The formula was lost during the dark ages. While on holiday a person who will remain nameless but known as "E" found it in a cave in the Scottish highlands. Mr "E" spent many decades translating the formula to modern English and Mathematics and when finished released this ancient miracle of luminescence to the world with the name Tritnite.
Fres is completely correct!

I saw it myself when I was touring Eyal's fabulous but highly secret R&D facility in the Swiss Jura; Eyal had kindly taken some time away from his nearly perfected cold-fusion experiments, which will rid the world of fossil fuels, and showed me the ancient manuscripts that he had found in Scotland. Eyal did indeed embellish Merlin's imperfect formula.

One aside...Tritnite not only glows in the dark for about seven minutes, it is also a live-giving substance. As we dined in the Invicta cafeteria on sweet Swiss rolls garnish with baby-seal-brains pate, Eyal informed me that he was actually 147 years old. He drinks a pint of Tritnite every evening, and thus looks like he's, I don't know, 37. The only side-effect of Tritnite Therapy is that it shrinks the physical stature of the patient. Eyal is in person only about 18 inches tall, and only through the miracle of modern TV technology does he look like the beefed-up stud-muffin.
I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhauser gate. All those moments will be lost in time... like tears in rain...

--Roy Batty (Rutger Hauer), Blade Runner
Old 04-29-2009, 05:09 PM
BDWF Admin Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by conjurer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fresno
Fres is completely correct!

I saw it myself when I was touring Eyal's fabulous but highly secret R&D facility in the Swiss Jura; Eyal had kindly taken some time away from his nearly perfected cold-fusion experiments, which will rid the world of fossil fuels, and showed me the ancient manuscripts that he had found in Scotland. Eyal did indeed embellish Merlin's imperfect formula.

One aside...Tritnite not only glows in the dark for about seven minutes, it is also a live-giving substance. As we dined in the Invicta cafeteria on sweet Swiss rolls garnish with baby-seal-brains pate, Eyal informed me that he was actually 147 years old. He drinks a pint of Tritnite every evening, and thus looks like he's, I don't know, 37. The only side-effect of Tritnite Therapy is that it shrinks the physical stature of the patient. Eyal is in person only about 18 inches tall, and only through the miracle of modern TV technology does he look like the beefed-up stud-muffin.
You guys are great!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 04-29-2009, 05:40 PM
BDWF Watch Collector

Tritonite = depleted Kryptonite.

Old 04-29-2009, 07:21 PM
BDWF Owner

Waiter ... check please ...
Old 04-29-2009, 07:26 PM
BDWF Sr. Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikiehorn
Waiter ... check please ...
Remember to tip your server, Mikie.
I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhauser gate. All those moments will be lost in time... like tears in rain...

--Roy Batty (Rutger Hauer), Blade Runner
Old 04-30-2009, 04:23 AM
BDWF Watch Collector

Tritinite is a derivative of tritium, about halfway down the page:

http://www.freewebs.com/billyschorr/rad ... tpaint.htm

Old 04-30-2009, 04:22 PM
BDWF Watch Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheng

I searched this site for over 10 minutes and I couldn't find any mention of "Tritnite".

The Animal Rescue Site - Please click daily to help sheltered animals at no cost to you
Click here to help
Old 04-30-2009, 11:17 PM
BDWF Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dominick
Quote:

I searched this site for over 10 minutes and I couldn't find any mention of "Tritnite".
The lume probably expired ...
Old 04-30-2009, 11:25 PM
BDWF Admin Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikiehorn
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dominick
Quote:

The lume probably expired ...
Now, that's funny Mikie!